"Oh..! I'm terribly sorry... I uhhh...My name is Misery! It's a pleasure...!"
Misery is the 7th member of Nightmare’s order to be seen . She wears the traditional order's ‘uniform’ (cowl, pants, pointy shoes and Halloween-like skull mask covering her features). Like all female reapers, her mask is scratched, and it differs of others by having the eye holes set in worried expression, with two diagonal scratches over one of the eyeholes and a third just below them.
Misery is first seen in Lucia’s house, where the narration states she’s arrived while looking for the Maid and Prince. Through commands, the observers guide her into the fort and Reggie directs her to where the rest of the group is.
She has been a summonable reaper since.
Not much is known concerning her backstory- despite being one of the youngest in her group , she states not to have any memories before Nightmare provided her with her uniform and mask . Her memories of the real world are so vague she doesn’t even know what a coin is .
Personality and traitsEdit
Misery is stated by the narration itself to be extremely shy and very nervous around others, despite feeling better when surrounded by other people, since she despises being alone . Regardless of this, she’s still shy around strangers . It’s also been stated by the narration that she’s good at hiding .
She stutters often, though this seems to be caused by shyness rather than any speech impediment. She also seems to be absolutely adorable in her mannerisms and speech, to the point that Lucia was able to detect a fake impersonating her because it did not act cute enough .
There have been several instances in which Misery acts suspicious or like if she already knows something Derrick and company don’t yet know . This has been confirmed to be correct- it is information the reapers known and have been forbidden to share by their leader, Nightmare.
- Oddly enough, Misery doesn’t seem to find Raziel threatening, instead stating that it was Kira ’s warning that worried her and kept her from trying to give it a squeeze .
- She’s affectionately called ‘Misu ’ by some of the other reapers, particularly Veneri, who she is best friends with.
- She seems to be good at riddles , helping the group analyze them quite usefully . However, she’s not good at paradoxes .
- She seems to find Derrick’s NIGHTLY GENTLEMEN'S SET particularly attractive .
- She seems to think that the princess is not as villainous as some have all lead to believe . This makes her unusual actions while in LOCAD somewhat suspicious .
- According to one of IP's end-thread Q&A post, Misery would be the shortest among the reaper kids.